Wednesday 2 December 2015

Life in Love..with God

All Being's share one longing...to feel love, contentment and happiness in whatever expression that appeals to that individual. There is not one right way and there are certainly many many ways to go about this. I strongly believe we are multifaceted beings and different paths come to us at different times, but the difference between someone digging a hole to find the gold and someone digging many holes but never quite reaching gold is the key to true wisdom and understanding.

Speaking from my own experience, I have certainly dabbled here and there in spiritual and physical paths. Some have lasted longer than others. Some have taken a backseat then reappeared years later. But throughout, I have always been that person to go fully into whatever it is I am seeking. Over the years and after gaining experience, I now approach sadhana, or daily discipline training the body and mind to serve the soul, in a somewhat different space. 

Before, I was driven. Driven by strong identity with Jenni, yogi, devotee, cyclist, health foodie, meditator. If I missed a practice, there was a shame and guilt that was felt by the Ego. I never thought about who was practicing, who was eating, who was healing, who was developing. 

So how do things stand now?

Well, I do Sadhana. It is not always yoga. Most of the time it involves some body movement, either cycling, running or strength training. But I do it out of love for life. For my body, to focus the mind and to follow my heart. I feel aligned so I can make the best choices each day. And it is a DAILY practice. If it gets missed, then I certainly make "lower" choices throughout the day. There is quite a bit of dogma about what sadhana is and how "spiritual" it is. In my opinion, as long as you are identified with person then any practice you do will just go round in circles. 

Non-personal sadhana really has a different flavour. I can see the irony in this statement, and I know there are individuals out there who really DON'T need any sadhana. They have been kissed from within and that has had an everlasting effect. But for those with mind's like a spaghetti junction, sadhana is a start. 

So EVERY DAY, uplift your Self to your highest potential. It doesn't have to be big but keep it consistent. Keep refining, balancing, be steady and strong and surrender to life

Sadhana is a lifestyle which allows you to overcome low self-esteem or self-destructive tendencies. 

If you feel ready to start a daily sadhana then please get in contact and send an email. I can send you a Kundalini Kriya, Meditation or, if a workout programme is more aligned to you then that. I am trialing this out so it is FREE, I just need some information about what it is your heart is reaching for.

Email: jennicodd@hotmail.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment