Thursday 7 August 2014

The NEW higher charged GOLDEN MILK

There are some necessities in my daily morning routine that really are necessities. Cold shower is one (this is my coffee hit) and TURMERIC and MACA are the others.

After i finish my yoga, I look forward to my little mixture I have of raw milk kefir with turmeric, maca and a few sprinkly yummies on top (bee pollen, chia, stevia). I love the taste combination of the maca with the turmeric and the sweetness of the stevia to compliment it. You may have come across Golden Milk in the Kundalini Yoga community, but this is the creme de la creme.

Lets look at the ingredients here...


  • half cup raw milk kefir
  • 1 tbs Maca
  • 1 tsp of Turmeric (or more if you fancy)
  • 1 drop stevia
  • 1 tsp bee pollen
  • 2 tsp chia seed

So we have the amazing probiotic properties of the raw milk kefir (can look online how to make), the hormone balancing, energising yumminess of the maca, the b vitamins and protein from the pollen, and the omega's from chia.

Turmeric has been an amazing root for my aching body. Despite my daily yoga practise, I often wake with a stiff and aching body. If I don't have turmeric then this often becomes worse. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory root which aids the liver to detox. It has curcumin in it which is said to prevent cancer, aids digestion, aids metabolism amongst many other things. This would be my number one superfood. 



You can also apply it directly to an open wound and it is a great healer. When I cut my ankle in India, my Indian friend ran over and put a load of turmeric powder on it and it stopped bleeding and healed the next day. Amazing.

Add it in smoothies, mix it in kefir yoghurt, eat the root raw, mix it into raw sauces, make turmeric ice cream from frozen bananas. Get creative in the kitchen with turmeric, my favourite "superfood". 

BY THE WAY, i have NOT done the liver flush yet. I seem to be resisting it...there obviously needs a lot of work done. Will keep you updated. In-Joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment