Thursday 31 July 2014

Homemade Toothpaste

Sat Nam everyone.

As I was nearing the end of my toothpaste the other day I thought, why don't I just make my own for a lot cheaper, I know where the ingredients have come from and can tailor it to my needs. I can honestly say this is the best toothpaste I have every experienced. My teeth look noticeably different, whiter and feel cleaner. So here it is, a recipe for kosher toothpaste:

  • 1/2 cup bicarbonate soda
  • 1/4 cup of organic extra virgin coconut oil 
  • 5 Tbs. xylitol 
  • 2 tsp of peppermint/fennel/whatever you fancy essential oil
  • optional- I used 2 tsp of ayurvedic tooth powder which contains black salt, cinnamon, fennel, black pepper, clove, cardomon. Salt is very good for the gums.
Just mix it all up in a bowl. If you need more sweetness use more xylitol, which has been proven to heal cavities. If you need less, use less. Etc. You can also leave it in your mouth for a while and do some oil pulling with the oil. Just swish it around your mouth and don't swallow it for 10 minutes or longer if possible!
You can put your new toothpaste into a jar. 

Yey for shiny teeth!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment